Apple’s Tim Cook took the stage at Apple Town Hall this morning, delivering his very first product introduction as Apple’s chief executive officer, “Let’s Talk iPhone”.
While Cook kicked off and finished the presentation, it was a tag team effort to introduce to the world the iPhone 4S. From Phil Shiller to Scott Forstall, there were many faces introducing the many new additions to the best selling smartphone of all time.
Here are a few notable features:
• A Dual-core A5 chip promises to deliver up to two times more power and up to seven times faster graphics
• Siri: an intelligent assistant that allows you to use your voice to use your phone. It figures out the right apps to use to find the right answer. Then, just like a personal assistant, it answers you. Siri can make phone calls, send messages, schedule meetings, set reminders and more
• An 8-megapixel resolution and custom (f/2.4 aperture) lens. Improved backside illumination senseor, new auto white balance, better color accuracy, and reduced motion blur
• Video recording in 1080p HD
• iOS 5 (notification center, iMessage, twitter integration, Reminders, upgraded photos app, camera enhancements, Newsstand, Safari improvements, and PC Free set-up and updates)
• iCloud (all your content, pushed to all of your devices through the cloud)
• Better antenna response (up to 14.4 Mbps downloads – compare to 7.2 Mbps maximum download speed on the original iPhone4)
Check out our new category for iPhone 4S, as well as a list of all compatible products with the links below.